Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Waz up with us

So, life has been so eventful lately, that I haven't even been taking pictures. So this post is just going to be text.

Matt's new work schedule (fri-mon evenings) has been quite the adjustment. Having him home during the day is great, but I really miss him when he's gone at night. The boys are also missing him, especially at dinner. He also had to leave church early for the first time on Sunday. I had a couple sisters watch Aiden while I did Primary singing time. He cried pretty good and wouldn't let the sisters sit down. Hopefully that will improve. We are praying really hard that he will find another job soon. Any prayers you can send our way would be appreciated.

We finally got Aiden into the doctor for his one year appointment. I was about ready to burst because I've been so worried about his eating. He is a very picky eater and hasn't done very well with solid food. I'm nursing him so much that it has become very draining physically and emotionally. When he was weighed and measured his weight was in the 8% and his height was in the 67%. So the doctor said he's fine, but we do need to get him in to see a nutritionist. He said that extremely picky eaters benefit from seeing a specialist, but we should not expect huge improvements. He also said that I need to stop feeling like my nursing him is going to save him, which was a relief. He gave us some other pointers and we're trying to be "realistically optimistic". Since then, we've found quite a few people who've been through this sort of thing or know someone who has. It's nice to know that we're not the only ones.

I've been spending all my free time (except for my daily dose of Gilmore Girls) working on Primary and Preschool Co-op lessons. The Primary program is coming together. I'm excited and intimidated at the same time. The Preschool lessons are taking more work than I expected, I really wouldn't mind if I never laminated or cut out another thing in my life. However, today was the first day I taught and I think it went well. It felt a lot like primary because it was so unpredictable, but I just went with the flow.

Hunter has made a good friend at school. He wants for a bus buddy, but he'll be fine.

Stay tuned....

2 comments:

Stef said...

Hopefully things will improve with cute Aiden. This parenting thing throws us for a loop when we think we've got it all figured out! I didn't know you were the primary chorister, I have been for the past 2 1/2 years and just got put in YW, hopefully the new chorister isn't too stressed about the program, (October) I told her I would help if she needed.

Mindy said...

Wow...I really feel for you on the working weekends. Joe worked weekend graves for about a year and it was the most stress our family has been under. The answer to our prayers was his getting laid off because they were downsizing. It wasn't answered how we would have liked but honestly it was the best thing that could have happened in our entire marriage. Good luck!