Sunday, September 21, 2008

Male Bonding

So in an effort to have a "If you can't beat them, join them" attitude, I've been wrestling with the boys.
Aw yeah, it takes three of them to take me down! ;)

This year was the first year we've had a garden. It's small and pretty poorly cared for, but between the snow peas and the tomatoes, it seems to be worth it. The boys love to pick the veggies and watch their progress. Most of all, Hunter loves to devour the tomatoes whenever he can.

In my determination to get more work hours, I sometimes let the boys take turns playing on the computer next to mine. However, once I started doing that it seemed that it was hard to get them to stop; both of them want to have the last turn. So I gave in again yesterday, letting Devan go first. Hunter began peppering me with questions, wanting to know what was going to keep him entertained while he waited for his turn. After giving several unsuccessful suggestions, I said he could paint with watercolors. Well, once I mentioned that both boys instantly forgot about the computer and went outside to paint. Go figure.

1 comment:

runningfan said...

Seems like having permission to make a mess is the golden ticket!