Aiden is now eating solid food like he's done it his whole life. Exactly a week before we were due to see the Nutritionist, he started to like the idea of food. Literally he ate anything we would give him. Cheerios were chewed instead of sucked on, meat and other chewy fare were not balked at, and glasses of milk were drank. You would think I would be elated. However, after all the fuss I made at the doctor and the worry I had been through for over six months, I was a little annoyed. Why the sudden change?! Why should I go through all that just to have it magically fixed?! Well, I finally got over myself and realized that maybe I shouldn't question miracles. Maybe it would be wise just to be grateful I have one less thing to stress about.Also just had to share a suprising conversation I had with Hunter.
Hunter: "Mom, did I say the "S" word when I was little?
Mom: "Um, no. Why?"
Hunter: "Well, a boy in kindergarten said it to me when I was on the bus."
Mom: "Hmmn, that's not good."
Hunter: "But the girl next to him said that it wasn't bad, she said it just means be quiet."
Mom: "Hunter, do you mean "Shut up"?
Hunter: "Yes, I don't like that word so I call it the "S" word."
Matt's seeming endless search for another job has prompted some interesting applications. He's applied to pretty much anything that he finds, from a graveyard shift at Bed, Bath, and Beyond to a Wind Turbine Repair Technician. The latter has provided us with some interesting speculation: Could he overcome his fear of heights for the sake of employment? Because he would be traveling a lot, what would he do on the drives? The only real response we've received so far is a preliminary phone interview from one job. However, a position opened up in the Hospital system that would be ideal, and he was asked to apply to it. So, keep those prayers a comin'!
No comments:
Post a Comment