Friday, October 24, 2008

I survived

So it's 4:30 am and I'm eating a snack so that I can take my next pain killer. I figured I would write a blog post for those of you who are questioning whether I'm still alive.

Yes, I survived my wisdom teeth extraction. No thanks to Mr. Valium though. I opted to have the dentist take out my teeth because of cost. He doesn't provide laughing gas. However, I asked him to still give me something to knock me out. So he prescribed two Valium. I had these great dreams of being totally unaware of the procedure and sleeping the entire day away. Sufficed to say the Valium had no affect on me-at all. I almost backed out of it and got pretty upset, but I was finally persuaded to go on. It wasn't as bad as I expected and the recovery has gone surprisingly well, which definitely counts for something in my book. The pain killers are nice, but I'm still not getting that dead to the world effect I've been hoping for. Oh well. Could be worse. Feel free to give me all your horror stories now...

5 comments:

Chris said...

Hey sis, I hope you feel better soon! I'm lucky that I never had to get my wisdom teeth out. All four came in straight (according to Uncle David). I know Amy's experience was pretty rough (the actual procedure) but she recovered pretty quick. Are you coming to Utah in a week or so? That's what Mom was saying . . . ? Hope you feel better!

runningfan said...

Glad you survived...and good luck with recovery!

janet said...

yeah...drugs are never as good as you think...

Amy Jane said...

Ugh. I was awake for mine too. Yay for your recovery though, sounds like you are doing good. I did have the laughing gas though. And let me tell ya, I did not laugh. I almost couldn't handle having to rotate my head around in circles as they rotated the teeth out. Buh. Makes me cringe still. I was so out of it afterword. I slept on our couch with my cell phone right next to me and tried to grab it whilst laying there, and I knocked it off the couch directly INTO my cup of apple juice. That was the end of that cell phone. :/

Stef said...

My only horror story was waking up! The sound was horrible, I can't believe that you were awake, wasn't the sound awful? Hope you recover well. BTY, Lisa and I were talking about a road trip to come and see you with the kiddies, when would be good, maybe spring?