For the field trip we were supposed to go to Home Depot. I called the closest location and left a message for the person who did the Kid's clinics to see if we could set one up. Never heard back, tried calling again, and then tried leaving a message at another location. Finally, after still not hearing back, I decided to call their competition: Lowe's. Lowe's was very helpful, but said they would not be able to set up a special class for us. However, if we came to the class at the regular time they would give us any extra kits they had. So we headed over to Lowe's that Saturday and the boys got to participate in the class.
They gave us enough extra kits for us to use for the preschool along with aprons, certificates, and iron-on patches. Yay Lowe's! Our preschool group had a great time making pirate ships.Ironically, when I started to ask around to other preschool groups who use our curriculum I found out that the field trip is just supposed to be a visit to tour a Home Depot. I had to laugh, that it just so like me to get so committed to an idea in my head.
2 comments:
Ooo, Pirate ships! Fun! Waita be a go getter Kari =)
Hi! I was blog hopping and found your blog- hope you don't mind...
That was a really cool activity for the kids Kari! I'm glad you didn't know it was just a tour- it was more fun to hang out and talk afterward.
I read your Quirks posting too and can relate to #3! Totally scary for me, so it's a good thing for my visiting teaching that email is so popular now. ;)
Post a Comment