
I have just heard the news of Elder Wirthlin's passing. How wonderful that he has been reunited with his wife. I have been so grateful for his talk in the last General Conference, "Come What May and Love It". It was so very encouraging to me. Here's a small quote:
"How can we love days that are filled with sorrow? We can’t—at least not in the moment. I don’t think my mother was suggesting that we suppress discouragement or deny the reality of pain. I don’t think she was suggesting that we smother unpleasant truths beneath a cloak of pretended happiness. But I do believe that the way we react to adversity can be a major factor in how happy and successful we can be in life.
If we approach adversities wisely, our hardest times can be times of greatest growth, which in turn can lead toward times of greatest happiness."
Thank you so much Elder Wirthlin for your counsel, your life and your service to all of us.
3 comments:
Good thing I read your blog -- this was news to me! His talk was fantastic at the last conference. I've quoted it often myself!
Thanks for pulling up his last conference talk. I heard about his passing earlier and reacted as you did. His talks are so fantastic.
Everybody is still talking about his last talk- and they will be a long time. It was so good- just like him. He and his wisdom will be missed.
Post a Comment