Friday, July 18, 2008

Lincoln City Vacation

There are so many great pics from our vacation to the coast that I'm posting several slide shows as I get them done. You can click on the link in the bottom left hand side of each slide show to view the albums and download pictures.

Newport:

We spent some time at the Aquarium, which is one of our favorite spots. The kids love the touch pools, underwater tunnels, and the statue playground. After some great Mexican food for lunch, we had a lot of fun at a nearby shopping center that had huge statues of animals, pirates, and minature ships for the kids to play on.

July 4th:


We spent the day on playing on the beach and making sandcastles. It was windy and cold (we're wearing our winter coats in July!), but everyone had a great time. Matt & I love to do the sandcastles with the boys. The channels that Matt dug survived for a couple of days. We really enjoyed watching several fireworks shows on the balcony of the beach house we were staying in. Uncle Marty also bought fireworks for us to do our own mini-show.

Depoe Bay:

We spent a day in Depoe Bay. We visited the sights there and had a great time. The big event was when Hunter and I got to go on a whale watching cruise. While we were waiting for the boat, the seals were waiting for the fisherman to toss leftovers to them while they were cleaning their fish. It was a cold and bumpy ride, but lots of fun. We didn't see much of the gray whales, only got glimpses of their backs and we saw one tail. One of the crewmen went fishing off the back of the boat and caught a link fish. The captain of the boat said that we were having the worst July weather he had seen in 30 years. Wish that we weren't the unlucky ones to experience that, but we still had a great time.

The Rest of the Trip:

After going on a goose chase to find the church, we stayed for a nice sacrament meeting in Lincoln City. Then everyone but us and Mama Key packed up and headed out. We enjoyed just kicking back and enjoying the house by ourselves. Matt and I even went on a walk on the beach together. Now, had it not been white-out conditions, it probaby would have been much more romantic. Monday morning Matt took Hunter on a fishing trip and they loved having some alone time. Then, we all went on one more walk on the beach together. It was nice, but still pretty windy. We drove back home via the scenic highway and enjoyed the sites while the boys slept in the car. We stopped in at the Tillamook cheese factory and had lunch and ice cream.

What a great trip!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so envious of where you live! Last year I was put in charge of researching places for our extended family reunion scheduled for next year. The Oregon coast was one of the places we discussed. Unfortunately, that location won't be on our reunion tour for a few years! Too bad for me! It sounds like an awesome place. Check out all of those tidepools for me!

Rachel said...

It looks like you guys had fun! We haven't made it to the coast in a while and we always seem to end up in Seaside.

Will you PLEASE teach me how to make a slideshow?

Amy Jane said...

So jealous right now. That looks like one fun filled trip! And I miss that yummy Tillamook factory..best icecream EVER.

Our Little Peneinei Kihs. said...

I really enjoy looking at your pictures. Looks like you guys at fun! oh yeah!so Im coming in here to leave acomment about trying to get hold of Brother Key, So lame I know:) I try calling your number but all I hear is static.Anyways If you can have him call me. Just wanted to follow up on him about camp. Btw youguys have the cutest boys ever. Steven wants all boys..hee!hee!