Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Catch Up

So I'm way behind on my blogging and I've got to play catch up. So get ready for the longest post ever!

Grand Floral Walk:

In early June, I participated in the Grand Floral Walk. It was a two mile walk along the parade route for the Grand Floral Parade. It seemed like a good starting point to a getting-into-shape goal that still has yet to come to fruition. I convinced my sister-in-law Mabel, my friend Marta and her husband Lars to join me. The boys came with too...yes my ambitiousness was at an all time high. Hunter was in the beginning of an illness that turned into strep throat and scarletina a week later, so he didn't have as much fun as I envisioned and ended up being pushed in a stroller instead of walking. Aiden slept through the whole thing, marching band and all. Devan did very well and loved the balloon hats that a kind soul was handing out. I accidentally ran over the foot of a less than courteous walker with the double stroller at the beginning of the walk, and having her chew me out and not accept my apology was not the way I wanted to start, but I just kept a prayer in my heart for her and her foot any time I happened to see her and that helped. These setbacks, along with my tendinitis in my knee and the rain coming down, made it necessary to duck out at the halfway point. I also got a pretty good migraine afterward. So, not the experience I had hoped for, but all in all it was all worth it.

Father's Day:

Father's Day was fun. On Saturday I took Matt to a pub that had great Chicago Dogs and to see Indiana Jones. Matt had his father's day gift early, so we all gave him homemade gifts. Hunter had a Survival Pack that he made at school. The boys and I made a hand bouquet with little notes written on the hands. Thank you Matt for being the kind of Dad that you are! We love you!

Picture comparison:

When I saw this picture of Aiden at the Library pond, it instantly made me think of similar pictures of Hunter and Devan. This is Devan at the same age in our trusty backpack/stroller that we still love.

Duck Pond:


Just a couple of pretty pics from a trip to the Library duck pond.

Impromptu Zoo:

This was taken after an impromptu trip we took to the Zoo. Hunter asked if we could go see the bats and I decided to oblige. It's so nice to have a pass and just go whenever we want for however long we want to.

Water play:

I tried to get the boys to play in the sprinkler one day, but they were afraid of it, so i emptied the Lego tub and filled it up with water. They have been asking to do it again ever since.

2 comments:

Amy Jane said...

Oo, so fun.. I especially like the makeshift lego pool...how awesome is that!

Rachel said...

Sorry the parade wasn't all that you wanted it to be.

And what a fun Father's Day- a date night.

I haven't seen you lately at playgroup so you must be busy working. The boys would have LOVED the pirate park and if you haven;t been there it is a must. We will go with you... We've been twice in 4 days. Sorry I haven't done the 20 year tag yet but I have a final in a couple days, plus the usual school stuff. I want to but and hopefully will but it take time to scan in old non-digital pictures! We hope your well and that we see you soon.