So I went to my dentist yesterday and found out that I am going to have my right wisdom teeth out. I was wondering how many of you have gone through this and if you have any tips for me. This dentist does not believe in laughing gas and I'm beginning to think that for this I may not be ok with that. I'm also concerned because the roots for the top tooth breaks into a sinus cavity and that also scares me. Do really have to have both the top and bottom taken out because I'm only having trouble with the bottom tooth?
2 comments:
Well...I suggest getting them ALL out. You're gonna be down either way, and the more you get out now, the less you have to get out later. My dentist told me to get them all out at once just because the older you get the more likely you will encounter a problem with one (like getting a cavity and then just yanking it out 'cause there is no point in filling it). Also..I had the laughing gas, and let me tell you. It was horrific. I don't want to scare you, and it is quite possible that I am a total wuss, but I honestly would have rather found a different dentist and been knocked out completely. I could feel them rotate the tooth out of my head..not a lot of pain since I did have laughing gas, but I did feel it, and that is quite unpleasant. Anyway..that is my two cents. My long and winded two cents :) Oh also...don't have your cell phone anywhere near you that day...I was so out of it that I dropped mine in my glass of juice..you never know. :)
I was put out to get mine out, and I agree with Amy Jane, laughing gas is not enough. I woke up 1/2 way through and I could hear it breaking and stuff and I seriously thought it was the worst sound I had ever heard in my entire life. My suggestion is get them all out and be knocked completely out for it! Good luck!
Stef
Post a Comment