Thursday, May 8, 2008

Things you can learn from chocolate

Last thursday, Devan was determined to get into trouble. First he got into the bandaids and spread them on the floor. Then, when I left him to eat his snack and came upstairs to check my email, he got into a chocolate bar that was on the counter. Matt had bought it with plans to make cookies with it. He came up the stairs saying, "Bite Chocolate mama!" His face looked like this:

Then I went downstairs and found this:

I cleaned him up, put the rest of the bar in the pantry and we went back upstairs. He asked for more chocolate, but I told him "chocolate all done." Then, with my attention back on my work, I didn't notice that he went back downstairs until a few minutes later. When I found him he had an open travel-sized bottle of tylenol next to him. He had discovered the bottle during his search for the remaining chocolate. So after a 911 call, we ended up in the ER waiting for hours for the results of a blood test. Thankfully the answer was that there was no tylenol in his system, but we couldn't take a chance. Now I know that Devan + Chocolate = no good.

1 comment:

Amy Jane said...

Oh wow, how scary! I'm glad he ended up only eating your chocolate...yikes.