Thursday, May 8, 2008

District Science Fair

Hunter was invited to participate in the district Science fair last Thursday. So while Matt and Devan were at the hospital, I got to take Hunter. His experiment was titled, "Turn on those Lemons!" He was hoping to light a light bulb by connecting lemons with copper wire. The light bulb didn't light, it turned out to be a faulty experiment, but the lemons did register electric current when hooked up to a meter. Hunter practiced his interview skills for days beforehand and was excited to go.
He had two judges ask him questions about his experiment. Both judges were amazed at his age and thought he did a wonderful job. He got fours (out of five) from both.
He was very proud of his ribbon.
It is so fun when Hunter gets excited about doing these things. His eyes light up and you can see that his mind is busy thinking about it. He'd make a great scientist.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I love it. What a great bunch of work you guys did. I am so impressed!