We had a fun trip to the Zoo last Saturday. The forecast said that it was only supposed to be sprinkling. As I was driving to the Zoo I realized that the weather man had underestimated the rain. We got everyone bundled and decided it still wasn't bad enough to cancel.

Most of the trip went fine, but there was one good downpour that drove us into the bird sanctuary. After a few minutes in there, we decided that the stench and the chance of being pooped on wasn't worth the shelter. As we were making our way back to the gate, the rain stopped and we ended up seeing the bears in their new exhibit and hanging out with the eagles.


The boys are looking forward to the dinosaur exhibit that's coming next week. There was three different kinds of dinosaur statues there to advertise the event. This is Hunter's impression of a T-Rex. He's got the hands down pat.

Lots of fun and truly done Oregon style!
4 comments:
The colors of the scenery are beautiful. I'm glad you guys had fun despite all of the rain!
Man, that Portland zoo is amazing! It really is the best zoo around.. much better than the Hoggle (sp?) I must say.
We love the zoo! We are going tomorrow and I wonder if the dinosaurs are going to be there??? Do you guys have a pass? We do and so we go often and we are anxiously awaiting summer so we can take a picnic dinner to the concerts on Wednesday nights...
rachel,
we are going today. maybe we'll see you there!
Post a Comment