This month Matt and I celebrated 10 years of marriage. What was surprising is how the 10 year mark felt so much larger than the 9 year mark. We were very pensive as we reflected on our decade of marriage. Much has happened, both good and bad. We both agreed that we wouldn't want to change any of it because we have not learned so much and grown in our love with every passing day.
I knew I loved Matt very much when we were married, but over the years I've fallen heart and soul in love with my sweetheart. He has a great talent for loving me unconditionally and he takes such good care of me. I am grateful for how involved and thoughtful he is in his roles as a husband and father.
To celebrate we went away to the coast together, sans the kids (thanks Mabel!). We didn't plan ahead, we just spent the whole weekend going where ever we wanted to. It was glorious. Click here to see all the pictures. Our last adventure was hiking in to our own private beach at Hug Pointe. We sat on the rocks with the waves in front of us and a beautiful fresh water waterfall behind us. I sat next to Matt and memorized the moment. It was the perfect way to celebrate how our love and the blessings that come with it are eternal and beyond comprehension.
1 comment:
Happy anniversary! So glad you're still head-over-heels...
Post a Comment