This new year finds us much in the same place as the last. I am still working from home, Matt is still working at his job. We couldn't be more grateful for this, especially considering the economic climate. My job has become more demanding, which has it's pros and cons. Now that I have to focus more on balancing work and family life, I've discovered that simplification is the key.
Hunter is loving third grade and has an amazing teacher. His eagerness for learning and school work still runs strong. I hope that never dwindles. He is continually creative and a sweetheart to the core. For Christmas he made me a tool to make birds nests, his favorite breakfast. It was fashioned out of a pop can and an empty toilet paper roll, which had been taped together and decorated.
Devan's still as charming as ever. He's an expert heart melter when he expresses his affection. "I wub you mommy" has developed into "Mom I so love you". To take emotion level up a notch he wraps his arms around my neck, smiles, and purses his lips. That feels so good it hurts.
Aiden is still very attached to me and I revel in that, for I know it cannot last forever...or can it. Wherever I go in the house he is not far behind. His love for all things vehicular has become quite pungent. He stands at our back windows and exclaims "Cah!" (Car) and "Tuck!" (Truck) as each passes by. Since the road behind us is fairly busy it's quite an earful.
Though our life is not without its trials, I feel that even in those we are blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment