Sunday, February 8, 2009

Blogger vs. Facebook


I've been very lax in my blogging lately. My camera is on the fritz, life has been pretty routine, and I've been spending far too much time on facebook. A few weeks ago I asked Matt to marry me...on facebook. He finally consented. Since then, we've both been enjoying playing games and keeping track of our friends. I love knowing what's going on with my friends and feel like I am more connected with them these because of facebook.

However, as far as recording our life's events for posterity, the blogger is definitely superior. I really admire the ability of some of my friends to capture simple, yet memorable every day moments on their blogs. So, after getting the camera sorted out I'm hoping to scale back the facebook time and get back to blogging on a semi-regular basis.

And, now for an update on us:

Matt pulled a muscle in his shoulder and has re-injured it once already. He's been forced into some R&R this weekend.

I taught preschool twice this month and it went really well. The first lesson was on food and nutrition. The kids loved looking at the insides of food and eating them. The second lesson was on Colors. For the field trip we went to a paint your own pottery place. The kids had a great time painting little figurines. Devan's dog looks like it has been rolling around in different colors of paint.

Hunter is getting so excited for his eighth birthday. He anxiously awaits his birthdays all year long. We have decided to go to Utah for his baptism at the end or March. We are looking forward to seeing family and friends again.

Devan has started going to Primary and loves to sing the Sunbeam song. He has gone from aggressive to eagerly affectionate behavior with Aiden. He will hug him or tickle him so hard he knocks him over. It's still a work in progress.

Aiden was sick earlier this week with a high fever. He gave us a good scare as his temperature got as high as 105. However, in his usual way he was still cheerful through all of it. The doctors kept telling us to wait until he wasn't being sociable to panic. Now I have my doubts whether that is even possible for him.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear about Matts shoulder.

You guys sure take some cool field trips. I wish I was in a co-op like that with Masiey.

Now, about Facebook. I've been getting tons of "peer pressure" to join. And, I exclaim over and over again that I don't have the time. However, it is so funny I pulled up your blog b/c I was just going to do a post about social networking a minute ago- but I decided to check your blog first. Since I have no time, I haven't been taking any pictures. Like 1 a week v.s 15. So, I was thinking, maybe I need to join facebook so I can leave mini-blurbs about what I'm doing from time to times since the blogging isn't fullfilling enough at the moment. I guess time will tell and I will let you know which way I go.